Effective April 5, 2013
As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Sites, Services, features and content, to administer your Membership and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Sites.
Personally Identifiable Information
- When you register with us through the Sites, or as a user of Services provided by us for use on your website or an affiliated website (a “Partner”), (such users collectively being “Members” or a “Member”) we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and home and business postal addresses. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Services and administer your inquiries.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your profile webpage (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Services, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Reverb Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand how our Sites and Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your "user preferences" information. (See "Changing or Deleting Information," below.)
When you visit the Sites or Services, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing the Sites, or if you make use of the content recommendations provided by the Services on a Partner site (any of these, a "Reverb User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Services or Sites, pages of our Services or Sites that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Services or Sites, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Sites and the Services and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Services' and Sites’ functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Services or Sites again, it will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Services or Sites meet the criteria required to process their requests. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Reverb. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
When you register through the Services or Sites and submit your Personal Information to become a Member, Reverb Users of the Sites will see your "username". We will display your Personal Information in your profile page, if applicable, and elsewhere on the Sites according to the preferences you set in your account. Any information you choose to provide or post should reflect how much you want other Reverb Users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages or post to the Services or Sites. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information that includes your Personal Information, Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Services- or Sites-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services' and Sites’ features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Sites and Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Reverb cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Reverb or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their user profile by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. Partners who have installed a plug-in may un-install the plug-in. If you would like us to delete your record in our system, please contact us and we will attempt to accommodate your request if we do not have any legal obligation to retain the record. See below for privacy contact information.
Reverb is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We restrict access to personal information to Reverb employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services and who are bound by confidentiality obligations. We employ physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data, such as encrypting personal data, containing such data behind a firewall and using Secure Socket Layer technology when you transmit personal information to us. However, we cannot guarantee the protection of information against interception, misappropriation, misuse, or alteration or that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others. You should be aware that we have no control over the security of other sites on the Internet you might visit, interact with, or from which you buy products or services.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Sites in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Services and Sites contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by "clicking on" a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on a recommendation of another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Sites is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
195 E 4th Ave 2nd Floor
San Mateo, CA 94401